Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Weather is Warming Up and We Are Back On the Road!

Last weekend Buster and I headed out to the Flea Market for a few hours of roaming through isles of everything imaginable. Of course, I am looking for vintage dishes and Buster is looking for who knows what. After looking through the wares of dozens of vendors, we really were not having much success. We then began prowling through the booths at the back of the market where the really junky stuff resides. I immediately spot two dark green bowls. I didn't recognize the shape of the bowls but I decided to check them out anyway. They were Ballerina Ware! They are small cereal sized bowls but have tab style handles. So cute!

Ballerina Ware bowl - bit of a sticker left in the middle


Next I spotted an old milk crate full of filthy dirty dishes. The sign said  - any item 50 cents. Of course, I had to start digging. And of course, I found something - a small wheat bowl in perfect condition. Fifty cents, not bad right?

Buster made a last minute purchase - a bag of water beads. You drop the beads into a vase and fill it with water. The beads swell with the water and then release water as needed. He was very curious and skeptical but he bought the beads anyway. I will post some pictures when he tries them out.

Well , that was the adventure of our first warm weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think-