Sunday, October 24, 2010

Short Trip

My daughter was home for a short visit and it was time to take her back to the airport. We hit I10 to get her there in a hurry. After a hug and a kiss, we dropped her at the airport and headed back home. It was a lovely Sunday afternoon, the perfect day for a few afternoon yardsales. We forego a quick trip home and head for the backroads.

Buster is the best for spotting those side of the road yard sales. He is soon doing a u-ey in the middle of the road and heading back for a road side yard sale in someone's front yard. Buster makes a quick sweep and comes up with two cast iron brackets. The man wants 25 cents. Buster pays him and we head out again.

The next stop we don't find a thing. Then we see several people with two trailers and lots of junk. I spot a bedside chest of drawers for $2 but it is made of particle board. It has several places that have already expanded with moisture and I let that one go. These items are priced to sell and I soon find another item I am interested in - a pair of glass candlesticks. They are in perfect shape and have a cut glass flower drapped across the base. I decide if the price is $5 or less I will take them. The woman asks for 50 cents. Buster hands me a dollar thinking that it is 50 cents for each one. She says - Let me get you some change. Fifty cents for the pair! No wonder Buster loves the backroads!

Sparkling, after a bath!


Covered in grease

You can barely see the flower on the base.


A bath helps immensely
The pair for 50 cents! Lovely!


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful and for only .50cents!?! Fantastic find, they will look lovely on your dinner table, or fireplace mantle. Have you found a special place for them yet?
    Thank-you for visiting my blog and for linking me on your bloglist too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to say that the candlesticks made their debut on the Thanksgiving table with a glass candelabra and another set of glass candlesticks down the middle of my grandmother's dining room table.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think-